The Healthy Child Programme
The Healthy Child Programme is a national initiative which aims to ensure that children get off to a good start in life and stay healthy. We offer everyone five visits between the ages of 0-5 yrs to check on development and give parents the information and support they need as their child grows.
The five visits are as follows:
- An antenatal contact (before your baby is born) when we will talk about the weeks ahead and answer any of your questions
- New birth visit (before your baby is fourteen days) when we come and check on how you and your baby are doing and make sure you get any extra support that you need.
- Six to eight week visit: we will check that your baby is making progress and help with any questions or concerns that you may have
- One year development review (between nine to twelve months): at this visit, we will check on your baby’s milestones and talk about what to expect in the year ahead
- Two year development review (between two to two and a half years): this is a chance to see how your child is getting on in all areas of their development
We are able to support parents by providing:
- Development checks for their child
- Information and advice on physical and emotional development
- Advice on establishing good sleep habits
- Information on keeping your child safe, reducing the risk of accident and injury
- Breast feeding advice and support (click to page)
- Healthy eating and weaning advice
- Help and advice on minor illnesses
We can signpost you to local services and activities that you and your their child might enjoy or find useful. We are also there to give parents extra support when they need it.