What is a Children's Physiotherapist?
Fit for play - fit for life!
Physiotherapists promote health and wellbeing, assessing and treating a range of physical conditions. Children's physiotherapists have additional knowledge about child development and childhood conditions as well as particular expertise in working with babies, children and young people.
Why do some children and young people need to see a physiotherapist?
Children may need help from a physiotherapist for a wide variety of reasons including:
- Delayed development of physical skills e.g. late walkers
- Difficulties arising from long-term medical conditions such as cerebral palsy and muscular dystrophy
- Syndromes and diseases e.g. childhood cancer
- Recovery from injuries e.g. head injuries
- Rehabilitation after surgery
For further information on the work we do check the pages on the left hand menu.