What do we do?
Speech and language therapists work in partnership with the children and young people themselves, their families and any other professionals involved. Depending on a child's needs, we may provide one or more of the following.
- Specialist assessment and advice
- Strategies, training and activity suggestions for parents, carers and school/nursery staff so they know how to help
- If needed, a block of regular sessions to work towards a particular goal
- Written reports and programmes when required
- Advice and help with the alternative methods of communication that are needed by some children e.g. signing.