The podiatry patient charter was introduced to inform you of what you can expect from the podiatry department.
You can expect from us:
- All Podiatrists are registered with the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC).
- All staff will maintain your dignity and privacy at all time.
- You will be treated with courtesy and respect by all members of the department.
- All your personal information will be treated confidentially at all times.
- Your foot problems/concerns will be treatment to suit your individual podiatric needs.
- You will be consulted at all times regarding your individual treatment plan with clear concise advice.
- Health promotion will be an integral part of your treatment plan.
- If you need to cancel an appointment, an alternative appointment will be offered.
- If you require an emergency appointment for infections/ulceration, we will offer you the first available appointment.
- You will be informed of the complaints procedure.
We expect from you:
- To be treated with courtesy and respect.
- We have a zero tolerance for any verbal and physical abuse.
- Arrive punctually for your appointments or you may not receive treatment that day.
- If unable to attend appointments, please cancel as soon as possible.
- Compliance with your treatment plan and to follow all advice given.
- To inform us of any changes to your personal details, medical history or medication.
- Failure to attend one appointment without giving notice will lead in discharge from the podiatry service.
- Follow advice given as failure to do so will result in discharge from the podiatry service.