Rotherham Hospital’s dermatology team provides a holistic diagnostic and treatment service for all Dermatological conditions. We serve a wide population and receive referrals not only from Rotherham, but many surrounding areas. We also provide dermatological expertise and support for other services within the hospital.
We offer rapid access and a caring, supportive ethos, together with clear and timely communication to Health Care Professionals. We are committed to ongoing training and development and we also continue to share our best practice via a range of teaching and training programmes to a wide variety of Health Care Professionals, including GPs, Junior Doctors, District Nurses, Student Doctors and Nurses.
We continue to develop and adapt our services to ensure we meet the needs of our patients in our bid to provide a first class, quality service.
Our dermatology services
Our dedicated outpatient unit is located on the main hospital site and contains consulting/examination suites, a skin surgery theatre, laser and treatment rooms and phototherapy units.
Our services include:
- General Dermatology clinics
- Paediatric Dermatology clinics
- Vulval Dermatology clinics
- Leg Ulcer Clinics
- Vascular Laser clinics
- Botox for axillary hyperhidrosis
- Patch Testing
- Skin Surgery Clinics
- Photodynamic therapy
- Skin Cancer MDT Clinics
- Inpatient care
We also provide specialist nurse support to the nurse led follow-up clinics at the Community Health Clinic in Central Rotherham.
Why choose Dermatology at Rotherham Hospital?
- We offer among the shortest out-patient waits in South Yorkshire.
- We provide a personal, holistic service and offer an extensive range of dermatological treatments, including Laser, Botox, Iontophoresis.
- We have received excellent feedback following the National Skin Cancer Peer Review.
- For over 20 years, we have provided a highly regarded educational skin forum for GPs.
- During 2009, we have been successful in winning and implementing a dermatology Clinical Assessment and Treatment Service for the neighbouring Doncaster district.