Dr Ted’s children’s appeal – lets do it for the kids!
We’d like you to meet Dr Ted – he’s the ambassador for the Rotherham Hospital and Community Charity’s children’s appeal.
We care for thousands of babies and children a year from across the region at Rotherham Hospital for everything from broken bones to organ transplantation and cancer.
The Dr Ted children’s appeal raises money to fund everything from toys to specialist medical equipment and resources to help ensure our youngest and most vulnerable patients, as well as their families, have the best experience of being in hospital as possible.
Any money raised will:
- Contribute to the refurbishment of children’s facilities, building a better environment and making an incredible difference to the lives of our young patients, their families and visitors to the Trust.
- Improve the quality of care we can provide for children by ensuring we have the very best medical equipment.
- Provide fun, sensory and educational toys and accessories for children staying at hospital or just visiting.
- Here are some of the ways we have invested the money you have helped raise for the Dr Ted’s children’s appeal:
- Games and sensory toys for the children’s ward
- Colourful, child friendly wheelchairs
- Specialist sleep apnoea monitors for babies on the Special Care Baby Unit
- Teddy bears for newborn babies on the Maternity Ward at Christmas
- Biliblankets to help treat babies with neonatal jaundice
- Ceiling and wall murals to help young patients feel more relaxed when they visit hospital
For more information about how you can raise money for the Dr Ted children’s appeal please contact Suzanne Rutter on 01709 426821 or email Charity@rothgen.nhs.uk.
You can also donate to the Dr Ted children's appeal online at JustGiving here.