Thanks to your generous support, the charity has raised more than £718,000 in the last five years. This means we have been able to fund some exceptional changes to various facilities, wards and departments.
Here are some of the ways your fundraising has benefited patients:
- The Oakwood Community Unit received funding for physiotherapy equipment, such as dumbbells, ankle and wrist weights to help patients regain their strength and mobility quicker. The unit has also invested charity money in various equipment and resources, including dining chairs, a coffee table and chairs, conservatory furniture, art easels, physiotherapy equipment and games.
- The charity donated £20,000 to fund 11 ceiling and wall murals at the hospital, which when combined with specialist lighting, reflect a calming and cheerful glow.
- The Children’s Ward received funding for sensory equipment and toys.
- The Estates Service were granted funding for Changing Places facilities in reception at Rotherham Hospital. They provide dignity, privacy and extra space to patients and visitors with physical and learning disabilities.
- The Wharncliffe Ward received £8,350 to fund Biliblankets – a specialist portable phototherapy devices which help treat babies with neonatal jaundice.
- To enhance their care for dementia patients, Ward A2 invested in dementia dolls and a retro record player. The charity has also provided resources to enable the Trust to hold activities which encourage dementia patients to share their memories and personal stories.
- A state-of-the-art IT system in the Site Room was funded by the charity to help support the appropriate re-deployment of colleagues. The Site Room is the control room of the hospital where the flow of patients and colleagues is managed.
- The Park Rehabilitation Unit were granted in a new pool extraction board, which helps patients, particularly those who have suffered a stroke, undergoing hydrotherapy get in and out of the water safely.
- The charity funded a host of toys for the new Urgent and Emergency Care Centre children's waiting area to help raise a smile amongst some of our youngest patients.
We have some exciting plans for the coming year, including fundraisers taking part in the Run for All Sheffield 10K and Pawson Rotherham 10K to boost the charity’s funds. Watch this space for more information!
For more information about how you can get involved, call 01709426821 or email Charity@rothgen.nhs.uk.