Integrated Sexual Health Services in Rotherham from April 2017
From 1 April 2017, all sexual health treatment, advice and contraceptive services in Rotherham will be provided from one central location at Rotherham Hospital with outreach services delivered in community venues. This means that sexual health and contraception services previously provided at Rotherham Community Health Centre will be provided at Rotherham Hospital from this date.
The Integrated Sexual Health Service can be found on C Level, junction three of Rotherham Hospital - across from the Chapel. Here you will be able to access a wide range of sexual health advice and treatment services including:
- Treatment and screening for sexually transmitted infections including chlamydia, gonorrhoea and genital warts
- Sexual health advice
- A range of contraceptive options including:
- Contraceptive pill and six-month reviews
- Emergency contraception (including the 'morning-after pill')
All of these services will now be provided in one convenient place which means there will be no need to travel between separate sites to access the separate services.
The confidential service will be available seven days (excluding bank holidays). At the hospital clinics, the appointments are pre-booked Monday - Friday.
- Monday - Thursday: 9am - 8pm
- Friday: 9am - 5pm
- Saturday: 10am - 2pm (drop in appointments available for contraception only and pre-booked appointments for STI screening in patients with no symptoms)
- Sunday: 11am - 2pm (drop in appointments available for contraception only and pre-booked appointments for STI screening in patients with no symptoms)
A range of community based drop-in youth clinics are also provided for those 19 and under at the following times and locations:
- Wath Comprehensive School: Monday 12.30 - 1.30pm
- JADE Young Person's Centre, Dinnington: Monday 3 - 5pm
- Dearne Valley College: Tuesday 11.45am - 1.30pm
- Sexwise, Eric Manns Building: Tuesday 3 - 5pm
- Swinton Comprehensive School: Wednesday 3 - 5pm
- Rawmarsh Community Centre: Wednesday 5.30 - 7pm
- Maltby Linx Youth Centre: Thursday 3 - 5pm
Drop-in testing for confidential HIV (same day result), chlamydia, gonorrhoea and pregnancy testing are also available at our outreach clinic at 11 Mansfield Road, S60 2DN at the following times (please check www.mesmac.co.uk for up to date details or email Rotherham@mesmac.co.uk for advice).
- Tuesday 10am - 2pm
- Thursday 3 - 7pm
- 1st Saturday of every month
If you have any queries, please contact 01709 427777.