A team of experienced, expert nurses is calling for the next generation of the nurses to join The Rotherham NHS Foundation Trust.
The Trust is seeking nurses to join its caring, progressive and dedicated services and will welcome those who have the skills and ability to fulfil this role to an open day on 12 August at Rotherham Hospital, from 9am – 2pm.
On the 12 August the Trust’s friendly and knowledgeable nursing teams will share all that’s great about nursing in Rotherham. They will show prospective nurses around, detail the Trust’s specialities and undertake interviews for candidates who have successfully submitted applications via the NHS Jobs website - where posts are now open.
Acting Chief Nurse, Ellie Monkhouse, said: “Rotherham is different from other Trusts in the area - there are amazing opportunities to grow here and to have a direct impact on the way we deliver excellent care.
“Working in Rotherham is like being part of one big family. We have a thorough, well thought-through induction programme and a dedicated team of experienced and newly qualified nurses who help to mentor and support those joining our Trust.”
“We want to hear from enthusiastic, future-thinking nurses due to qualify in March 2018 who want to make a hands-on difference to healthcare.”
Newly qualified nurses taking up posts at Rotherham are supported and encouraged to put their training into practice by being part of:
• An opportunity to be part of a tailored 12 month rotation/compass programme including a two week induction and four rotations across a range of our services
• ‘Touch base’ group support days where nurses can meet with their newly qualified counterparts and colleagues to exchange experiences
• Preceptorship programme including attended study days over six months covering topics from clinical skills to understanding how our Trust operates corporately
• Access to our health and wellbeing support to help handle situations which could be stressful and transition, for example
• Support and advice in building revalidation portfolios
• Dedicated one-to-one support from experienced nurses
On the 12 August senior nurses will be pleased to offer advice about careers in nursing and the Trust’s recruitment team will be there to answer queries. Offers will be made there and then on the day for successful candidates, subject to the usual checks.
Ellie added: “Whether you are newly qualified or qualified a while ago and want to refresh your skills we are keen to meet you at our open day. We are flexible in supporting all nurses who want to join our innovative, friendly team.”
Recently The Rotherham NHS Foundation Trust has benefitted from a range of transformation projects including a brand new bespoke Urgent and Emergency Care Centre, ward refurbishments and nurse led projects such as a frailty in-reach project, amongst much more.