The Trust is adding a range of new features to its award-winning SEPIA Portal including a new Rotherham Urgent and Emergency Care Centre dashboard and a new theatres module.
SEPIA – a viewing tool which allows health care professionals to see an integrated patient record – has been developed in-house by Health Informatics and on-going work aims to build on its initial success to make it an even more useful application.
The tool is a key part of the Rotherham Health Record which enables colleagues from partner organisations to view data in order to work together to improve co-ordination and patient care.
“We aim to continuously develop SEPIA and have based the developments on feedback from colleagues and patients,” said Chris Birks, Lead Developer for the Trust. “These are considered by the Clinical Health Informatics Development Group, which consists of clinicians and IT experts, and relevant changes are then considered, developed and implemented.”
In last year’s Health Service Journal (HSJ) awards, SEPIA won the award for ‘Enhancing Care by Sharing Data and Information’.
Future plans for developments include:
• Viewing the GP record within SEPIA
• Viewable End of Life, Frailty, Community Matron and other service care plans
• Nursing observations to be available and charted
• Subscription-based text messaging alerts for staff triggered by patients being admitted or attending
• The integration of Infoflex with the cancer system allowing hospital and community colleagues to see extra data from the patient record which is cancer-related