Your local NHS Trust is inviting members of the public to hear about how it has performed over the last year at its Annual Members’ Meeting 2017 (AMM).
The Rotherham NHS Foundation Trust’s AMM takes place from 11am on 19 July at Rotherham Hospital and is open to anyone who has an interest in local health services. It will detail how the Trust has made some significant developments and how it continues to work to improve, despite a challenging year.
At the meeting, the Trust’s Chairman Martin Havenhand and Board of Directors will present the Trust’s Annual Report and Accounts for 2016/17 alongside its future plans and priorities, including its recently agreed five year strategy; its response to supporting the NHS Five Year Forward
View. The Board will also share key highlights from 2016/17 including progress in colleague engagement and award winning initiatives led by employees.
Martin Havenhand said: “Like many NHS Trusts we have faced a challenging year financially which overshadows some significant improvements in patient care. We remain focussed on improving the financial sustainability of the Trust and believe we have firm foundations on which to build for the future.
“Our Annual Members’ Meeting provides an ideal opportunity to hear first-hand about our commitment to delivering our vision to be an outstanding Trust, providing excellent healthcare at home, in our community and in hospital and I encourage those who are interested to come along on the 19 July to find out more.”
Alongside the meeting, a health fair will take place where teams from across the Trust will showcase the work they do and share information about the services they provide for patients.
The full agenda for the day is:
• 11.00am to 1.00pm, Annual Members’ Meeting – presentation of annual report and accounts, report from our external auditors and future plans 2017/18
• 1.00pm to 2.00pm, Health Fair – a series of stalls showcasing a range of our services
• 2.00pm to 3.30pm, Presentations delivered by our colleagues describing exciting developments within our services including; our five year strategy, Urgent and Emergency Care Centre and our new 0-19 service
• 3.30pm to 5.00pm, the opportunity to visit some of our innovative Trust services
• 5.15pm, Council of Governors’ Meeting: An opportunity to observe your elected Governors representing your views to the Board of Directors
Please confirm your place by emailing email@example.com or by calling 01709 427747.
If you can’t come along to the event, or are interested in hearing more on a regular basis about The Rotherham NHS Foundation Trust, then you should sign up to be a Member.
There are around 17,000 public members of The Rotherham NHS Foundation Trust and these are local people from all walks of life who are eligible to elect the Trust’s Council of Governors and help to shape hospital services.
Members also receive regular Trust news and information about meetings and events and are given the opportunity to provide feedback about service developments. You will also receive our annual Your Choice members’ magazine.
Membership is FREE and you can have as little or as much involvement with the Trust as you like. For more information visit: www.therotherhamft.nhs.uk/members/