What do we do?
Our Department provides clinical advice, health promotion and education. We promote health and wellbeing through nutrition, in order to reduce/prevent illness amongst Rotherham’s population. Dietitians advise patients, GPs, Health Care workers, the general public and other organisations across Rotherham. Dietitians provide care in a variety of settings including GP Practices, Hospice, Hospital and patients own homes, for those patients unable to visit the Dietitian.
Our advice and education covers clinical conditions such as:
- Insulin, medication and diet controlled
- Diabetes occurring during Pregnancy
- Gastrointestinal problems including:
- Inflammatory Bowel Disease
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome
- Liver Disease
- Coeliac Disease, etc
- Nutritional care before and after surgery
- Support for clients who are overweight as part of Rotherham Obesity Strategy
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Cancer including palliative care
- Stroke and rehabilitation
- Hormonal and metabolic problems requiring dietary manipulation
We support clients of all ages including paediatrics, adults and health care for older people and special needs.
Where do we work?
The Nutrition and Dietetic department has Dietitians working across a variety of settings such as:
- Acute Hospital services
- In Patient Wards
- Out Patient Clinics
- Day Wards
- Diabetes Education and Resource Centre
- GP Surgeries
- Community Clinics
- Breathing Space (Pulmonary Disease Centre)
- Nursing and Residential Care Homes
- Patients own homes
- Learning Disability and Mental Health Hostels
What other support do we provide?
Dietitians advise other health care professionals regarding food and nutrition and regularly carry out education and training for Nurses and Practitioners on a variety of nutrition related topics across hospital and community settings. Dietitians work closely with Catering to ensure patients nutritional needs are met to enhance recovery time, both in the Acute Hospital and Care Home settings.
To find out more about our services and how you can be referred, use the menu on the left.