Welcome to the Urology Department
We deal with problems of the bladder, kidney and prostate and have a new combined inpatient and outpatient department situated on B level at Rotherham Hospital.
The Darshane Unit outpatient department should be accessed via the Moorgate entrance, whereas the Sitwell inpatient ward can be accessed via the main entrance of the hospital. We politely ask that people coming to outpatient appointments do not walk through Sitwell ward. This is to protect the health and privacy of our inpatients.
- Laparoscopic removal of kidney stones
- One stop clinic for prostate biopsies
- One stop clinic for haematuria
- All suspected cancers – seen within two weeks of referral from GP
- Andrology service
- Management of incontinence
When are our Urology clinics?
- Monday: 9am to 11:45am (Female Incontinence) and 1:30pm to 5pm (Miscellaneous)
- Tuesday: 8.30am to 5pm (Miscellaneous)
- Wednesday: 8.30am to 11:45 am (Stone Clinic) and 1:30pm to 5pm (Miscellaneous)
- Thursday: 9am to 5pm (Miscellaneous)
- Friday: 9am to 11:45am (Miscellaneous) and 1:30pm to 5pm (Prostate Biopsies)
We work with the Continence Service at the Trust and make use of the Day Surgery Centre and Endoscopy Unit.
To find out further information about our staff and services, please use the menu on the left.
- Recent refurbishment of the ward resulting in four bedded bays with en-suite toilet and shower facilities
- Low average length of stay
- Green status in most recent Ward Nurse Accreditation in August 2012
- Excellent feedback from NHSR visit to the department in March 2012