Support our charity
The Rotherham Hospital Charity is really grateful for the charitable donations we receive each year. It is with your help that we are able to provide an enhanced experience and level of patient care at The Rotherham NHS Foundation Trust.
Rotherham Hospital Charity is a registered official charity and has a charitable funds committee. Your donations are spent wisely to make a real and positive impact on patient services and facilities.
You can now also text to donate: Text DTED13 to 70070 to donate to Dr Ted’s Children’s Appeal and Text TRFT13 to 70070 to donate to Rotherham Hospital Charity.
How are donations spent?
The Charity is here to help patients. Last year alone over £300,000 was raised for the direct benefit of the patients in our care. Thanks to the generosity of the people of Rotherham, and of staff, the charity continues to be able to buy what the NHS funds cannot or should not afford.
In all areas of the Trust you will find the legacy of what charitable donations have provided over the last 12 months including:
- Special slippers to give to patients to help further reduce falls
- A state of the art Gamma Scanner Camera with additional CT facilities
- Activity packs to entertain children in A&E, outpatients and other areas
- Widescreen TV and DVD for many patient areas
- A fish tank and plants to brighten the environment in A&E
- A variety of rehabilitation activities including Wii and giant Connect 4 for OCRM
- Comfort packs with essential hygiene items for visitors who arrive unplanned
Please use the menu on the left to find out about making donations, charity fundraising and our current campaign; the Purple Butterfly Appeal.
For more information or to ask us a question, please contact the fundraising office using the details on the right.