Rotherham Hospital offers a full range of diagnostic and therapeutic Ear Nose and Throat Surgery. More than 50% of all operative procedures including complex otological and rhinological cases are now performed as day cases. Patients who require an overnight stay can be treated at Doncaster Royal Infirmary by the three Rotherham Hospital consultants.
Judith Lunn, our Head and Neck specialist nurse carries out pre-assessment of both inpatients and day cases at Rotherham Hospital. ENT Senior House Officers are available 9am - 5pm to deal with emergencies. After 5pm and at weekends, emergencies are dealt with by the on-call team at Doncaster Royal Infirmary.
Emergency clinics are held on most days, patients can be booked to these clinics for non-emergency conditions after discussion with the Senior House Officer on call.
Where are we?
We are in the main hospital building in the Outpatient Clinics on C Level.
Ear, Nose and Throat Clinics
We offer a range of specialist services in a variety of outpatient clinics:
- Ear clinics including Cholesteatoma, hearing loss and ossiculoplasty and stapedectomy take place on Monday morning with Mrs S Douglas
- Balance clinics are held on alternate Tuesday afternoons with Mrs S Douglas
- Head and Neck Cancer assessment clinic is on Wednesday morning with Mr Richards
- Head and Neck cancer follow-up clinics are on Monday morning again with Mr Richards
- Neck lump clinics are on Wednesday mornings with Mr Richards
- Paediatrics clinics are held on Friday mornings with Mrs S Douglas and Thursday mornings with Mr Harkness
- Thyroid clinics are on Wednesday mornings with Mr Richards
- Voice clinics are held on the first Monday afternoon of the month with Mr Richards
- And finally, our watery eye clinics are held on Monday mornings with Mr Harkness.