Welcome to the Urology Department
The Department of Urology has four full time consultants, and provides a wide range of urological services as outpatients, day cases and inpatient procedures. The urologists provide laparoscopic and endoluminal surgery as well as open surgery for all general urology. Each consultant has a sub-specialist interest in one of the following: laparoscopy, urolithiasis, andrology/reconstruction and female incontinence. Radical bladder and prostatic surgery is centralised at Sheffield Teaching Hospitals via a joint MDT. One-stop services are provided for investigation of haematuria and prostate cancer.
A daily rapid access clinic is run for GP emergencies/urgent emergency department referrals.
Out of hours emergency care is provided by the on-call consultant supported by the general surgical on-call team.
When are our Urology clinics?
- Monday: 9am to 11:45am (Female Incontinence) and 1:30pm to 5pm (Miscellaneous)
- Tuesday: 8.30am to 5pm (Miscellaneous)
- Wednesday: 8.30am to 11:45 am (Stone Clinic) and 1:30pm to 5pm (Miscellaneous)
- Thursday: 9am to 5pm (Miscellaneous)
- Friday: 9am to 11:45am (Miscellaneous) and 1:30pm to 5pm (Prostate Biopsies)
We work with the Continence Service at the Trust and make use of the Day Surgery Centre and Endoscopy Unit.
To find out further information about our staff and services, please use the menu on the left