Help boost our charity nest egg this Easter
The Rotherham Hospital and Community Charity is looking for good eggs to fundraise alongside Dr Ted this Easter.
Spending time in hospital during the Easter holidays can be a difficult time for patients and their families. But with your help we can bring a smile to youngsters’ faces when it really matters the most.
Last year, schools, local businesses, clubs and colleagues from The Rotherham NHS Foundation Trust helped to spread the joy of Easter by donating chocolaty treats or hosting fundraising events in the community and at Rotherham Hospital.
Here is what you can do to support the charity this Easter
The charity is looking for egg-cellent fundraisers to hatch a plan to boost the charity’s Dr Ted children’s appeal. Here are some Easter fundraising ideas to inspire you:
- Host an Easter-themed raffle with cuddly rabbits and chocolate treats
- Encourage crafty types to get involved by organising an Easter bonnet competition
- Organise an Easter egg hunt at your local church, school or community centre
- Boost the competitive spirit by organising a family friendly egg and spoon race at your school
- Take on a sponsored challenge – could you give up chocolate for the whole of April?
- Take Spring cleaning to the next level and host a sponsored car wash at school, work or in your neighbourhood
- Host a Spring-themed bake sale
- Eggs-ercise off the chocolate by participating in a sponsored running, cycling or swimming challenge.
Instead of buying Easter eggs this year, why not consider giving a donation to the charity? Every penny counts! You can do so online at Just Giving here. Or for further information about how to donate in person visit our website here.
If you would still like to donate Easter eggs this April, then we’d gratefully receive them for youngsters on our Children’s Ward, Children’s Outpatients and the Urgent and Emergency Care Centre. Any surplus eggs will be sold or raffled at our seasonal events to raise funds for the charity.
Knit crafty treats
We love to sell your clever arts and crafts to raise funds for the charity. We hope Spring time encourages you to be creative! Our favourite crafts are knitted Easter chicks with surprise chocolate treats, such as Crème eggs, inside. It’s a great way to use all your spare wool too. Please contact the charity for a knitting pattern.
Support our Easter Egg-stravaganza
Health Care Support Worker Louise Parry will be hosting an Easter themed fundraising event in reception at Rotherham Hospital on Tuesday 31 March 2020, from 10am to 2pm. She will be fundraising for the Rotherham Hospital and Community Charity and mental health charity Mind. You can support her by baking biscuits and buns, donating a giant egg or cuddly bunny to raffle or by simply showing your support on the day. We hope to see you there. For more information please call Louise on 01709 426662 or email email@example.com.
For more information about how you can support the Rotherham Hospital and Community Charity please contact the charity team on 01709 426821 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.