Rotherham Hospital is our main site with 370+ beds providing a range of hospital based Medical, Surgical, Paediatric and Obstetric & Gynaecological services.
The excellent and modern facilities include:
- Intensive Therapy and Coronary Care Units
- Cardiac Catheterisation Suite
- Breast Screening Suite
- Endoscopy Unit
- Day Surgery Unit
- Theatre Assessment Unit
- Stroke Unit
The clinical services are supported by comprehensive pathology, medical physics and imaging services, including state of the art MRI and CT facilities.
Our Medical Education Centre has tutorial rooms and a lecture theatre. The Medical Library and information systems are widely acclaimed.
- organises a vigorous medical postgraduate education programme
- has strong links with the University of Sheffield
- is renowned for its medical undergraduate training
The Rotherham Hospital site also acts as a base for:
- Post and Undergraduate Education for Sheffield University
- Rotherham Metropolitan Borough Council hospital-based Social Services
- Renal Unit, managed by Sheffield Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
- Busy Bees Day Nursery