Feeding your baby
Our specialist midwives are here to help and support you to make the right feeding choice for you and your family.
Breastfeeding can help give your baby the very best start in life. Your milk is made for your baby and changes throughout the day to adapt to your baby's needs.
Breastfeeding is about more than just food, it offers your baby comfort and protection too.
Benefits of breastfeeding include:
- better brain development for baby
- fewer infections
- 50% reduction of the risk of Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS)
- keeping baby at a healthy weight
- feeling closer to your baby
- lower chance of postnatal depression
An introduction to breastfeeding
We have produced videos to help you understand breastfeeding, including expressing milk, positioning your baby, how to know if your baby is getting enough milk, and more. You can watch them all on our YouTube channel.