What do we do?
Depending on the age and needs of the child, families will be offered either:
- A ‘nursery style’ assessment group where a child is invited in to play and parents get the chance to talk privately with the team
- An individual session where there is a combination of play based assessment and discussion with parents
What happens then?
In partnership with parents, the team will come up with an individual plan for each child. Sometimes all that is required is some new ideas for parents, nursery/school staff on how to help – or signposting to other sources of support.
But for other children, we may offer one or more of the following:
- Follow up appointments with one or more members of the team at the Child Development Centre
- Follow up visit at home or at school / nursery
- Sessions at the Child Development Centre e.g. groups, drop ins or parent workshops.