Welcome to our new website
Some areas of this site, including Our Services, are still under development.
Your feedback will help us to improve this site.
The early pregnancy assessment unit (EPAU) offers support to anyone experiencing complications in early pregnancy.
Patients are seen by appointment only. Please call to speak to one of our experienced nurses who will assess your symptoms and offer an appointment if needed.
We see patients who have:
• abdominal (tummy) pain in the first 20 weeks of pregnancy
• vaginal bleeding in the first 20 weeks of pregnancy
• a history of ectopic pregnancy, molar pregnancy, or recurrent miscarriage
• attended for a private ultrasound scan which has found abnormalities
If you experience vaginal bleeding and/or abdominal (tummy) pain after 19 weeks, please contact the Maternity Triage team on 01709 427700.
• blood tests and monitoring
• infection screening
• ultrasound scanning
• treatment for a miscarriage or ectopic pregnancy
• follow up care and support
• referral to counselling after pregnancy loss
Call 999 immediately if you:
• have heavy vaginal bleeding
• have severe abdominal (tummy) pain
• have abdominal (tummy) pain and a pain in your shoulder tip
• feel dizzy or like you may collapse
The EPAU is open Monday to Friday (not bank holidays), 8am to 4pm.
Phone: 01709 427072
On evenings or weekends, please contact the gynaecology inpatient ward on 01709 424349.