- You can refer to us directly by completing the
self-referral form on the Rotherham Health App. Once completed, this form is
sent to us automatically.
- If you are not signed up with the Rotherham
Health App, please contact your GP surgery to let them know you are having a
baby, and they will make contact with our Community Midwifery service.
- Once we receive the referral form, your Midwife will contact you within 1-2 weeks to arrange your first appointment. In the unlikely event that the Midwife has been unable to contact you, please contact the Community Midwifery Office on 01709 423729.
Your first appointment
- This is called your
Booking Appointment and is usually completed by your 10th week of
- Your Midwife will complete a full risk assessment of your
health and that of your family
- This will involve a general health check which will include
- Choices about the antenatal care and place of birth will be
- Dad/partners and family members are welcome to accompany you to
appointments (women are
being asked to attend alone during COVID-19 restrictions), but you are welcome to
attend on your own
- It is routine to be seen on your own for part of your antenatal appointment
You can access Public Health England’s information online on the link below.
Screening Tests for You and
Personalised Care Plan
Midwife will provide you with a Personalised Care Plan information leaflet
and paper document. This plan is for you and your
baby. You are invited to document your wishes, concerns and preferences, which will be reviewed and discussed with you regularly throughout your
pregnancy by your Midwife and/or Obstetrician.
You can find a number of useful resources and leaflets here.