Covid-19 information: You may find the following information useful
We’re by your side
Supporting women and families in Rotherham is something we
take great pride in and our midwives, specialists and support teams are here to
make your experience as special as possible.
Our services have been highlighted by the Royal College of
Midwifery in the Maternity Service of the Year category of their annual awards
and we were proud to recently receive a visit from Her Royal Highness Princess
Anne. See our news page for more. We have also won a number of Trust Proud Awards and our patients have
been active in nominating us for these.
We offer high quality maternity services across Rotherham
and our midwives work in the community and in hospital to support you closely.
If you are concerned about your own or your baby’s wellbeing please call our maternity triage line on 01709 427700 (24/7) or call 999 in an emergency.
- Did you know? You can self-refer to Rotherham Maternity Services through the Rotherham Health App.
are just some features of our services:
Labour and birth
- 14 birthing rooms, all with en suite facilities
- Birthing pool (another planned to open late 2021)
- Rotherham Maternity Services offer the balloon induction method for low-risk women who need labour induced
- Midwives trained in administrating sterile water injections for back pain in labour
- Midwives trained in aromatherapy
- 24-hour epidural service
- Our own Obstetric Theatre located in close proximity to the Delivery Suite and Special Care Baby Unit for maternity theatre cases
- A high-dependency room on Delivery Suite
- 24-hour Consultants available
Maternity wards and services
- Antenatal and Postnatal Ward (Wharncliffe)
- Special Care Baby Unit in close proximity to the Maternity wards
- Antenatal Day Unit
- Antenatal Clinic (Greenoaks)
Other Maternity Services
- Continuity of Carer service
- Homebirth service (Read about some of our home births here)
- Antenatal classes are offered to parents with information that will help prepare you for birth and parenthood. Please ask your Midwife for more details
- Midwives who specialise in a range of areas including diabetes, screening, infant feeding, smoking in pregnancy, and many more
- Specialist counselling and bereavement services including our specialist Bereavement Midwife
- Rotherham Maternity Services also has an afterthoughts service where women can discuss their experiences
Check out our infant feeding pages:
- Working towards Baby Friendly accreditation
- Peer support for breastfeeding for new mothers
- Breasts pumps available and facilities to store expressed breastmilk on our Postnatal Ward and Special Care Baby Unit
- Rotherham’s Infant Feeding Team provide a specialist breastfeeding clinic to support mothers and babies. Contact them via: email@example.com
Our services close up
Our teams have taken to the screen to help you find out more about
having a baby in Rotherham. See below for a tour of our Maternity Services and facilities at
Other useful videos can be found on our YouTube playlist. It may be useful to watch these videos with a partner, friend or relative so they can support you.
Social media and Olive, our
Our e-Midwife Olive is available to answer your questions via
direct messaging. Her page can be found on Facebook or by
searching 'Rotherham Maternity Services - Ask Olive'. This service is staffed
by experienced, fully qualified Rotherham Midwives.
Our Continuity of Carer teams keep you up to date on Instagram and
For general news and updates about The Rotherham NHS Foundation Trust
follow us on Facebook or on
We’re by your side – and we want to hear from you if you have any
concerns or questions about you or your baby.
If you are concerned about your own or
your baby’s wellbeing please call our maternity triage line on 01709 427700
(24/7) or call 999 in an emergency.
Please use the menu to the left hand side
of this page to read more about Rotherham Maternity Services.
Please visit the Contact Us page for further contact details.
Delivery Suite and Triage
Early Pregnancy Assessment Unit